Thursday, July 24, 2008

Busy 24th of July

Today my niece Grace and nephew Porter came over because the daycare they go to was closed for the holiday, but Bill and Jenny still had work. Needless to say life was a little crazy. My mom had an appointment at 1:00 so I had the task of feeding all five kids lunch and getting the two baby boys to bed. Well lunch went pretty well and I managed to keep food going into Porter's mouth fast enough to keep him happy (that boy eats a lot better than mine does). After lunch I had Brittany and Grace stay with Jack and give him cheerios and puffs while I took Porter to the study to snuggle him and get him down for a nap. I was impressed with how quickly he fell asleep. Then Brittany read to Grace while I took Jack downstairs to get him down for a nap. He went down pretty quick too, but while I was nursing him I heard pounding on the roof (the roof was being worked on) and Porter crying. Porter is a light sleeper. So after I got Jack down I went up and snuggled Porter and realized the only quiet place was down where Jack was sleeping, so I took him down and rocked him in our chair until he fell asleep. Once asleep the only place to put him was on the floor, so I made him comfortable there and then decided to take pictures of the two boys while they finally were sleeping. It didn't last long. Porter woke up within 10 minutes and craziness began again.
In case you can't tell from the pictures Porter is about twice Jack's size. He's just a year old, but he's a tank. Carrying him makes Jack seem very light.

Jack sleeps with his little bum in the air, and I have to cover him with a blanket because my parents keep their house kind of cold.

No comments: