Friday, February 8, 2008

Baby Jack







For a long time I thought blogs were kind of silly, then the other day I was playing with Jack and he smiled so big and SO cute that I wanted to show and tell everyone I knew. That's when it came to me, I finally have a reason to blog. Before Jack, Tyler and I did pretty much the same thing everyday (SSDD Tyler would say, but you'll have to ask him yourself what that means, I think he learned it in the Marines). Work, school, work, school..... and so on. Now it feels like each day is a new adventure. Sure, it's still a lot of the same eat, sleep, poop, eat, sleep, poop, everyday, but now the monotony is interspersed with new discoveries, new growth, and new joy. Like for instance, not only was Jack blessed this week (which was a priceless family memory) but he also learned a new trick. He rolled from his front to his back. Tyler and I were beside ourselves with pride. While it may have been an accident, he has repeated the trick, but not regularly. His first real smile that wasn't just from gas relief was equally exciting, now we live for every smile.




Sadly I miss many of his smiles during some days of the week. I started my student teaching last week and he stays with his FABULOUS Great Aunt Bonnie while I'm at school. We are so grateful for her help! Still, I miss him so much everyday and race to my car as soon as I can get away from school.




So now I will join the world of proud parent bloggers, and while I know most of what I say will be far from original, since most moms have gone through everything I'm going through, I will say it anyway. My way of shouting from the rooftops: "My baby boy just smiled, and my world keeps turning because he did!"






1 comment:

Bonnie Parks said...

Wow, I didn't realize that I made it onto the blog! Wahoo! When my sister and I talk about the fact that I watch my great nephew, she always reminds me of the line from The Emperor's New Groove. She tells me I'm a great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great-great aunt. I laugh.
And I say, who cares if all the things you say have been said before. I get excited about new babies doing new things even if all sorts of other kids have done the same things before. So I for one will keep reading. (And I even get to see Jack more than most of your readers.)