Thursday, November 7, 2013

Month of Gratitude - Day 7

Today I am grateful for my and my husband's educations. It's been a lot of hard work and so much time, but it is so worth it. I love that by gaining education we have opportunities to work in the fields we love and serve other people. We both chose careers in public service and it brings us a lot of joy to touch the lives of other people, even though at times it can cause us frustration.

Even more than how it has influenced our careers, I am grateful for the way that learning and gaining formal education has blessed our family. I love to teach my kids about the world around them, and I think in general, it has helped me be a good mother. Tyler blesses us with his skills and knowledge daily.

I love the idea of being a lifelong learner. At this point in my life I get to help contribute to our family's financial needs so that Tyler can continue learning, and I continue learning through personal study and experiences. I look forward to pursuing higher education at some point in my life and continuing to learn in formal and informal classrooms throughout my life!


Disclaimer: Any grammar errors above are not a reflection of the world class education I received. They are simply an indication that I should be in bed instead of publishing a blog post.


No comments: