Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Sleep Troubles

Jack hates sleep. I know everything you read says you need to make sleep time a happy time and TRUST ME we have tried. We sing, rock, snuggle and everything else we hear to try, but to no avail. He takes a couple decent naps during the day, but come nightfall the disaster begins. About 8:30 I take him to our room, change his diaper, put on his jammies and nurse him. Then I snuggle him, sing songs, and lay him in his bed, sometimes it takes other times it does not. This is a picture from one night that I thought I had it just right but an hour later I found him like this in his crib. Am I a mean mom to take a picture of him crying because I think it's cute? By the way, this blanket is in his crib to snuggle, he put it like this on his own.

2 comments:

The Hoveys said...

How cute! Trust me, if taking a picture of your child makes you a bad mom then I'm going straight to hell, because Jac's first two months were nothing but screaming and crying!

Sarah said...

No, we deal with the same bedtime issue with Thor. Sometimes I lay him down and he goes right to sleep. Sometimes it's just a complete fiasco. However, I guess we're pretty lucky in that once the crying starts in earnest, he usually exhausts himself in about 20 minutes. He has never lasted beyond 30 minutes, and then he usually sleeps pretty well after that.